Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer reflection

It's been awhile since I have written so I wanted to fill you in on how my summer has gone (thus far). The school year goes until the beginning of July so vacation is not quite as long as back home. However once July came I worked hard on preparing a one week summer camp for children in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. I was going to the city and getting donations of art supplies, school materials, food and beverages. I am so proud to say that the camp was a huge success! Five wonderful days full of fun and learning. 9am-3pm including a snack and lunch break. We covered topics of science; where kid-friendly experiments took place, health, arts & crafts, games, reading and of course water balloons! I am not sure why, maybe the boredom of summer, but the children were so amazing and well behaved! I also had about six youth help through the week with supervision as well as teaching lessons. We completed the week with a fun little ceremony where the students received a certificate of completion, bag of goodies as well as special awards to some children for best behavior, attendance, in arts and in sports.


I took off some time and went swimming in the rivers and the ocean
enjoying the beautiful weather August has brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment