Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Returning to Dominica

I had the privilege of visiting home in the states for a few weeks over Thanksgiving. My body was in shock once the cold struck but the beauty of the snow excited me like I'd never seen it before! I was able to meet with the students who are so kindly taking their time and possessions and donating books to the primary school where I work. Thank your for having me and all the wonderful things you are doing!

I returned to Dominica and the weather was warm and the foliage green... as usual. I quickly appreciated that but took me a few days to adjust being away from home again. Now 2 weeks back I am back at work and enjoying the Christmas festivities Dominica has to offer. Although Christmas trees and lights are not as common here when I do see them it gives me a wonderful sense of home. I have a lovely 4 foot tree in my apartment that lights things up nicely, along with a few other decorations. Christmas is definitely different here but I am making the best of it (the neighbors love my Christmas cookies!) and staying busy.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment